The hot summer is in full swing down here in the South. Here are just a few reminders to protect your beloved pups from overheating.
- When taking a walk outside of your yard, walk in the early morning or later in the evening when it’s cooler.
- Avoid excessive play and exertion on hot days.
- Limit activity to cooler times of the day such as early morning and later evening.
- If outside with you for any period of time apart from potty breaks, keep your dog in the shade.
- Provide adequate water at all times.
- Keep your dogs in air conditioned or well-ventilated rooms in your house. The use of fans is also quite handy.
- Never ever leave your dog unattended in the car not even for a minute!
Watch for signs of heat exhaustion: